CATHEDRAL NOTES, NEWS AND EVENTS
Advent devotionals for adults and the Advent calendar, Slow Down, Quiet, It's Advent! are on the ministry table. Please take one. Advent calendars for children will be given during Christian Formation today. In addition we have O Wisdom: Advent Devotions on the Names of Jesus for sale for $5.
FIT Angel Tree Christmas Outreach Project
Deadline is December 9
The FIT Angel Tree is up and ready for you! You may also send cash gifts to the Cathedral office marked FIT Christmas Outreach. This year we will also be collecting supplies for Murray House Assisted Living Facility, an agency of the Diocese of the Central Gulf Coast.
December Guest Artist
Sunday, December 9
Jacquelyn Adams, a French horn player holding degrees from the Curtis Institute of Music, Yale University, and the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and Thomas Jenkins, multi-instrumentalist and winner of the 2013 Louisiana State Fiddle Championship will be our December guest artists. Adams and Jenkins will play during our morning service and offer a short, interactive recital program to follow.
Christmas Poinsettias & Music Offering Cards
The deadline to turn in names for the bulletin is Monday, December 17. Requests are $15 each. Cards are available on the Ministry Table in the Chapter House. You can also find memorial designations online.
Arpilleras are Coming!
Sunday, December 9 and December 16
By purchasing artisan handwork made by disadvantaged women you give them life-changing economic support. 100% of sales is returned directly to the artisans. To read more go to: http://threadsofhope.ngo/ Thank you to Corinna Luce and the Outreach Team for organizing the sale.
Sunday, December 16 at 9:30a.m.
Come to church early on December 16 to see all your favorites including shepherds, animals and Baby Jesus. This year we are excited to unveil a new format for our Christmas pageant. Even if you do not have children participating, please join us in celebrating the story of the nativity with our children and youth. If you have a child between the ages of 3 years and 5th grade who would like to participate, please email your child's name and age to Mary Hunter Fuller. Rehearsals will take place during Children's Chapel on November 25 and December 2. The final rehearsal will take place at 9:00 a.m. in the chapel on Sunday, December 9.
"I Will, With God's Help"
Be a pledging member of the Cathedral Family in 2019.
Thank you to everyone who has returned pledge cards.
The members of the Vestry are contacting everyone who has not returned a pledge card. One of our parish goals is that by 2020 100% of the membership of Christ Church Cathedral will make a pledge towards the annual budget. To reach this goal we will need 53 new pledges this year. Please help us reach our goal by:
* Mailing the pledge card included in your packet in the envelope furnished
* Putting your pledge card in the offering plate on Sunday
* Email Brenda Stanton or call (251.438.1822) Brenda Stanton, Financial Secretary & she will complete a pledge card for you.
Don't have a pledge card? Pick one up at the Ministry table in the Chapter House.
Children's and Youth Facebook and Instagram
We are excited to give our families another way to keep up with what's happening in our children's and youth ministries here at Christ Church Cathedral. Please join our new Facebook group called CCC Kids and Youth and follow us on Instagram at
Restore, Renew, Reimagine-Phase II
Notes from the construction zone on the north side of campus.
* Railings for the handicap ramp are installed.
* Block walls for the fire stair are complete and the stairs and railings are being fabricated.
* Pipes for plumbing are complete in Brantley and Huger Houses.
* The structural engineer has determined that the system of sheet pilings designed for the Chapter House foundation are required for the Brantley House.
* Plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, flooring and doors have been approved.
* There is a crane on site that will remain until construction is complete.
* The sidewalk on Conception Street will be removed so that the electric cable can be laid to the new transformer.
* Install Huger House north porch framing and glass.
* Pipes will be installed in the Chapter House and Church.
* The Rectory porch will be reinforced and all rotted wood will be replaced. The front door to the office will be off limits until construction is complete.
Sundays: 10:00 am
Wednesdays: Noon In the Chapel
We extend a warm welcome to all visitors. A nursery is available and Children's chapel for ages 3-8 is held in the Chapel. Please join us after the service for a time of hospitality in the Chapter House.
Carter Drane Jr.